People with flat feet worry about how they are going to transition to basketball. Well, we live in a time when there is a solution to everything. Flat-footed people can breathe a sigh of relief because there are basketball shoes available for them.
Crafted especially for flat-footed players there is a wide range of shoes they can avail of and put up in their collection. Do you have flat feet issues? Are you looking for a sustainable pair of shoes for your basketball game? And, what basketball shoes are good for flat feet? Well, this article is here to help you know about some of the best basketball shoes for flat feet.
- Editor’s Choice
- Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi
- Under Armour Men’s Team Drive 4
- Adidas Men’s Dame 5
- Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1
- Nike Men’s Zoom Rev TB
- Nike AIR Force 1 HIGH
- Jordan Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Shattered Backboard
- The Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
- Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi- Most Comfortable Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet
- Under Armour Men’s Team Drive 4 Basketball Shoe for Flat Feet
- Adidas Men’s Dame 5 Basketball Shoes Best for Wide Flat Feet
- Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1- Stylish Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
- Nike Men’s Zoom Rev TB-Flat FeetBasketball Shoe
- Nike AIR Force 1 HIGH- Best Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
- Jordan Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Shattered Backboard
- Buying Guide
- People With Flat Feet
- Maintaining your basketball shoes
- Final thoughts
Without further ado, let’s take a look at some of the best basketball shoes made to counter flat feet problems.
Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi
Adidas Men’s Dame 5
Nike Men’s Zoom Rev TB
The following list is a quick overview of the 7 best-rated basketball shoes for flat feet currently on the market:
Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi
> This product is made of good quality synthetic material
> Comes with a full-length phylon
> The air cushioning system on the heels counters hard impacts, keeping your feet safe.
Under Armour Men’s Team Drive 4
> The structure of the shoe is well-rounded
> It has heel counters that embrace the feet firmly locked in place.
> The midsole of the shoe provides good arch support.
> The rubber sole helps withstand impact from hard edges.
Adidas Men’s Dame 5
> Bouncy midsole that makes it super flexible
> The Dame 5 has a wider toe box to make your toes spread comfortably.
> Softer upper body
> The internal pod system embraces your feet and provides the utmost comfortability.
> Top-notch traction due to the herringbone construction.
Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1
> Fabric on the upper body
> The textile layout makes the shoe very flexible and breathable.
> Synthetic materials on the sides provide generous support to your feet
> The heel lockdown avoids slipping
Nike Men’s Zoom Rev TB
> Phylon heels give a lot of protection from impacts
> Responsive cushioning on the forefoot
> Traction from the sole is worthy when played on a clean and smooth surface
> The rubber sole grips the feet and the heel in place
Nike AIR Force 1 HIGH
> The upper body is made of leather.
> Extensive air sole.
> Timeless colorway selection to go with
> The design is made such that you can use it in different activities
> Nylon ankle strap to hold your feet firmly
Jordan Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Shattered Backboard
>High Top design fits your feet perfectly
>Provides good ankle support due to the sculpted heel
>Air Jordan 1 has soles that provide great traction on basketball courts
>It has a soft outsole that provides a court feel when you put it on
The Top 7 Best Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
Here are some of the best basketball sneakers for flat feet reviewed. You can buy the best pair of flat-footed basketball shoes for you according to your taste and preference.
Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi- Most Comfortable Basketball Shoes for Flat Feet
First in line is the Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro, it is the best pick in terms of affordability and the features, it packs. This shoe is designed to make you feel most comfortable on the pitch. Being comfortable and flexible on the court has to be a top priority and this Nike product serves like gold.
- This product is made of good quality synthetic material and the rubber outsole helps for good grip on the ground. The mesh covering on this shoe makes it snug fit and breathable, making you sweat less.
- Comes with a full-length phylon, fitted with a Nike airbag to protect the player from unwanted hits and damage.
- The air cushioning system on the heels counters hard impacts, keeping your feet safe.
- These shoes are fitted with multi-direction herringbone and dynamic flex grooves for precision lateral movements.
Some people bask in the outlook of the shoe and its comfort level. Others claim that the shoe tends to wear and tear easily after a few weeks. People like the price range, which is kinda low compared to other products. These flat-feet basketball sneakers are lightweight and have decent ankle support. The Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi provides good traction on slippery surfaces. Overall flat feet people seem to be satisfied with this product’s quality. I think Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro Vi is the best basketball shoe for flat feet with comfort.
- There are perforations on the shoe that aids sufficient airflow. Breathable materials ease sweaty feet.
- This Shoe fits in easily and feels like a sock.
- Adequate support on hard surfaces because the sole is made of quality rubber and the air-bag system keeps your feet cozy.
- Provides good traction during sharp turns and slides.
- Supports wide feet very well.
- Affordable and long-lasting.
- Not enough cushioning compared to other basketball shoes
- Arch support is not up to the mark
If you are looking for a shoe that performs well and is easy on the money, you can go for the Nike Air Visi Pro Vi
Under Armour Men’s Team Drive 4 Basketball Shoe for Flat Feet
This is a shoe built to protect you from slipping on the court. The Under Armour Men’s Team Drive 4 Basketball shoe is not only stylish but also well constructed to provide extensive grip and support. A basketball shoe that is extremely breathable because of the textile used in the upper part of the shoe.
- The structure of the shoe is well-rounded because of the bootie-like construction.
- It has heel counters that embrace the feet firmly locked in place.
- The midsole of the shoe provides good arch support.
- Made of breathable lightweight material that makes the shoe a snug fit.
- The rubber sole helps withstand impact from hard edges.
People say this shoe is really good for ankle support. The arch of the shoe is said to provide ample support. Some say that the shoe for a high price range should be a little sturdier. Some said that the shoe is not breathable enough, making their feet sweat. The laces are short and hard to tie. The traction support is acknowledged by many people. This product fits in well and feels comfortable.
- The toe wrap in the foreground provides flexibility to the forefoot.
- A well-constructed shoe for good support to the ankle and distributes the weight exceptionally.
- Provides a good grip on the surface.
- Made of textile and synthetic.
- The shoe looks stylish.
- Has a wide array of colors.
- Short laces
If you are looking for a stylish flat feet basketball shoe that has a good rating on the basketball court, look no further, grab this Under Armour product.
Adidas Men’s Dame 5 Basketball Shoes Best for Wide Flat Feet
The Adidas Men’s Dame 5 packs all the features that entitle it amongst the selection of best basketball shoes for wide flat feet. If you are looking for something sheeny and vivid, this product has to be your pick. Comes with some of the best color combinations out there on the market. This is one hell of a stylish basketball shoe.
- This shoe has a bouncy midsole that makes it super flexible
- The Dame 5 has a wider toe box to make your toes spread comfortably.
- Softer upper body for ease of use and breathability
- The internal pod system embraces your feet and provides the utmost comfortability.
- Consists of a midfoot barrier that provides stability while you are moving sideways.
- Top-notch traction due to the herringbone construction.
The color variation is what attracts the users, one of the best-looking shoes. The construction is on the softer side, so for people looking for something more rigid, this is not the perfect fit. Performs well on the basketball court, but if you are outdoors, the shoes might wear quickly. People love the comfort this shoe provides and the traction it gives during quick cuts. This shoe is good for wide flat feet.
- Wide range of color palettes
- Optimum cushioning provides good protection from damage
- Adequate arch support
- Internal pods make it a snug fit
- This shoe is on the softer side.
- The size of the shoe is big. So consider buying at least ½ size down
The Adidas Dame 5 is a shoe that is flashy, flexible, and supports a basketball player through and throughout.
Adidas Men’s D.o.n. Issue #1– Stylish Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
Let’s talk about a signature series basketball shoe, the Don issue 1 is named and crafted after Donovan Mitchell. If you are looking to get an artist’s signature series shoe at an affordable rate, this can be a good choice to start with. For the price range, it is quite a decent shoe you can have on your shoe rack.
- The Don issue 1 is tailored with mesh fabric on the upper body that makes it a very comfortable and snug fit.
- The textile layout makes the shoe very flexible and breathable.
- Synthetic materials on the sides provide generous support to your feet
- The shoe is stacked with bounce foam from Adidas which makes it durable in terms of impact and lateral movements.
- Wide platform due to extensive midsole.
- The heel lockdown avoids slipping
- The herringbone pattern lets the shoe have enough traction on the court.
People like the bounce foam that provides enough cushioning, but some say that the impact protection is not on top of the game. Users like how comfortable these shoes are for a decent price range. The weight is too heavy for some basketball players.
- Signature sneaker
- Affordable budget
- Supports the feet and body weight very well
- Materials and padding hug the feet quite well
- A good amount of cushioning to protect your feet
- The traction of the shoe is inconsistent
For the price tag, you are getting a workable shoe to showcase on the turf. So if you are looking for something that goes with the name, this is it.
Nike is known for producing quality shoes and the Zoom Rev TB Basketball shoe goes hand in hand with flat-footed players. Nike made sure that the materials used in this shoe are breathable and that the construction supports the feet with utmost comfort.
- Phylon heels gives a lot of protection from impacts
- Responsive cushioning on the forefoot
- Traction from the sole is worthy when played on a clean and smooth surface
- The rubber sole grips the feet and the heel in place
This shoe fits like a glove and is comfortable. Some people say that the shoe is not wide enough for them, thus feeling tighter. The shoe is said to be bulky and the rubber sole doesn’t provide substantial traction on dusty or rough surfaces.
- Made of lightweight material
- Keeps your feet in place and don’t let is slip sideways
- The shoe has enough flex materials for you to move freely
- The Mesh upper body makes this shoe breathable
- The body is narrow
- Traction support is conflicting, sometimes it is good and sometimes it downgrades
This Nike product has enough stability for flat feet but lacks precision in terms of traction. If you have the money, I would ask you to go for other Nike products on the list.
Nike AIR Force 1 HIGH– Best Basketball Shoes For Flat Feet
A trendsetter in terms of basketball shoes. This shoe has been acknowledged by the majority of basketball players. Not only does this shoe look sleek, but it also provides top-notch support and comfort. The best high-top design out there in the market has substantial inner padding and cushioning to keep your feet relaxed.
- The upper body is made of leather, giving it a glimmer.
- Extensive air sole provides adequate cushioning
- The midsole and the outer sole provide great ankle support
- Timeless colorway selection to go with
- The design is made such that you can use it in different activities
- Nylon ankle strap to hold your feet firmly
People like the premium materials used to build this particular model. The trendy look is in fact what attracts athletes around the world. This shoe has tremendous ankle support. People use it in different activities, from running to skateboarding and outings. Collectors have been putting the Nike AF1 in their collection.
- Variety of colors and designs
- Durable cushioning inside
- A well-constructed sole to protect your feet from getting hit
- Can be used outside of basketball game
- The high top ankle provides steadiness and supports your weight exceptionally
- The shoe creases quite easily
- A bit bulky and heavy compared to other lightweight options
If you are looking for a stylish trendy pair of flat feet basketbal shoes that gives your flat feet a good run, look no further. The Nike AF1 is here.
A product that tops the price range in our list. Everything good comes with a price, such as the Jordan Men’s Air Jordan 1 Mid Shattered Backboard. Doesn’t matter, if you have a high arch or flat feet, this shoe will give you the goods for the money.
- High Top design fits your feet perfectly
- Provides good ankle support due to the sculpted heel
- Air Jordan 1 has soles that provide great traction on basketball courts
- It has a soft outsole that provides a court feel when you put it on
- The toe box gives enough room and flexibility but makes sure you don’t slide.
It’s a lightweight signature series shoe. People like the support and protection from the AJ1. The shoe is flexible and can be used in various other activities.
- The shoes are light
- Provides flexibility
- Has excellent ankle support
- Fashionable design
- Made of three colors, Orange, Black, and White
- Provides ample traction on
- High price
- Not much ventilation
- Impact protection is not on par with some of the mentioned products on the list
Air Jordan has been a famous pick amongst basketball players, it is stylish and boasts good features. If you are willing to spend some cash, you should go for this particular product.
Buying shoes sounds fun, but if you have flat feet you have to keep many things in mind to extract the best out of your shoes. Let’s take a look at what you must consider.
Design and comfort
Design and comfort have to be your first pick if you have flat feet. To counter your flat feet issue, shoes must have a strong upper body and a cushioning design to protect your feet and keep you at ease. The better the cushioning, the better the comfort, support, and protection for your ankle.
Support is crucial if you have flat feet. Shoes with top-notch midsoles, padding around the shoes, and comfortable material are all vital to generate the support you need. Having the optimum ankle support will make sure you don’t slip, providing stability.
The soles must be made of tor graded rubber, making them shock-resistant. It will protect your feet from impact and hard surfaces. The outer sole has to be durable enough to withstand the jumps and lateral movements. The midsole has to be sturdy enough and bouncy to provide good support for your feet as you jump and glide. The front sole has to be well structured so that toes don’t hurt.
Traction and grip
The lower sole and outer sole provide traction. Traction is super important when playing basketball because it provides a grip on the surface and the ease of moving. For example, herringbone patterns provide the best stability and keep you rooted without slipping off the course.
Having the perfect shoe size will make you feel snug. It is crucial that you find the perfect fit, not too big or too tight, just the perfect fit to move around comfortably.
You can go with affordable budget basketball shoes like the Nike Men’s Visi or the Adidas Don Issue 1. They are all in range and do have good benefits for flat feet. You can also go for The Air Jordan Or the Air Force 1. They are expensive and also serve your flat feet. Pricing depends on what you can afford. We recommend you get something that fits your bill.
People With Flat Feet
Shoe shopping can be difficult when you have flat feet and in basketball, you have to fit in the perfect match to play comfortably. Flat feet shoes are available like the Nike Air Visi Pro and Under Armour Drive 4 product we mentioned. These products are made to benefit people with flat feet, making them run and jump with precision and comfort.
Maintaining your basketball shoes
You must take good care of your shoes after every use. If you have a game, clean the shoes right after the game is over. Use a drop of detergent with warm water and wipe the stains from your shoes gently. If it’s made of leather, use products suitable for leather rather than detergent. Make sure you properly dry your shoes. Cleaning your shoes regularly will keep the shiny bits of them intact and more importantly keep you away from unwanted odors.
What are flat feet?
The type of feet that has no arch or minimal arch on the bottom.
How do I diagnose flat feet issues?
When you wear any normal shoe you will be uncomfortable and have severe pain in the feet. Resting the feet on the midsole won’t be comfortable. Apart from that, you might feel pain in your joints, knee, or hip area due to flat feet.
Do flat feet affect playing basketball?
Yes, not having an arch might induce pain as you jump, because you won’t recoil off the surface as a strong arch does.
Does that mean I can’t play basketball with flat feet?
You can surely play basketball with or without flat feet, you just need a bit of adjustment.
What is the solution to playing basketball with flat feet?
The adjustment is to wear basketball shoes made for flat-footed people. Yes, there are tons of available shoes for flat feet. In this article, we have discussed some of the best basketball shoes for flat feet. flat feet
What basketball shoes are best for flat feet?
It depends on your comfort zone and what you can afford. Go through the products we mentioned, you will get a gist of the best flat feet sneakers. Nike and Adidas have some cool lines of shoes you can go with. We have pointed out some shoes in our review section.
My recommendation would be to go for Adidas Men’s Dame 5 or the Nike Air Visi pro if you want something affordable. That being said, I am not going to force you to pick a shoe. You must have your preference and most importantly comfort zone. To make things easier for you, I have discussed some of the best basketball shoes for flat feet. This will give you an idea, a clear frame of the features these shoes boast, along with the advantages and disadvantages. Now it’s up to you to survey, compare them, and try them out physically. Grab something that compliments your feet.
I am extremely passionate about basketball. I grew up playing basketball since childhood. As part of my life, I’ve started to write about all things basketball.